In January 2008, my husband, my Marine, headed over to the Sandy Spot for what we thought would be 13 months. The “fort” I held down included our two boys–a 22-month-old and a seven-week-old. It was our first deployment together… and I don’t know I would have made it had it not been for my blog friends who made the journey alongside us.
The Iraq-specific posts:
- Getting Ready
- And So… He’s Gone
- Hanging In There
- Hello My Name Is Ashleigh and I Sniff My Husband’s Deodorant
- Easter Greetings From the Sandy Spot
- Strength That Is Not My Own
- Look! A Family Picture With All Four of Us!
- My Jesus… He Is Real
- Be Still
- “See You Soon,” says the Daddy
- I’m His Wife. I Get To Brag A Little, Right?
- And so… He’s Home
- The Journey
- What I’d Like For You To Know–Wife of a Deployed Soldier (my guest post at Rocks In My Dryer)